Thursday, 11 March 2010
I don't want to brag, but the car just sailed through it's MOT again. As it did last year.
That means it's been a year since I started this blog. The MOT entry was one of my first. So, a retrospective. In the last 12 months since I started this blog;
* I'm more skint than ever, money is ridiculously tight.
* I've changed job role, hopefully permanently!
* I've gone up to a 34 waist, and dropped back down to 32 again.
* The winter has been a bleak, never-ending nightmare of time off work, car parked half a mile away, and lots of dragging food up the hill on a sledge. (hence the drop in waist size again!)
* Interest rates have remained exactly the same
* I've used 4 ink cartridges on my HP printer
* I've done 872 miles on the moped, and it still works.
Lots of other stuff happened as well, but I'll be here listing them all day and you already know, because you read it on the blog, or in the news, or saw it on telly.
How has the blog gone? I'm not really sure why I started it now, but I guess I've never kept a diary, and this is a similar sort of thing. I'd read other blogs, enjoyed them, and it made me want to do the same. If anything, I've found the hardest thing is to put aside time to do the blog on a regular basis. On many other occasions I've simply struggled to find a subject. In addition, it's difficult not to appear like I'm just copying other people in terms of style and content.
So if you've been following my ramblings, commented on them, recommended them to others, thanks. I'll probably review what's happened, maybe come up with more of a theme, or just carry on as before. Either way, I promise I'll try and get better at it by this time next year!